Sunday 27 November 2011

Christmas is coming.........

Sunday 27th November

Today is the first Sunday of advent and one of my favourite church services of the year. I took the girls to the school advent service in a Medieaval church in Challock (for more history of the church see here http://www.challock.org.uk/). The service was everything we had hoped - well done to Mrs Gleeve for conducting such an excellent choir. The girls were fascinated by watching their piano teacher (school legend Mr Chris Berriman) playing the organ and we all enjoyed the hymns and readings. Half way through the service though it suddenly struck me that Christmas is now so close, this year our family build up is going to be so different from previous years and that by the big day itself we will be fully ensconced in USA. It seems that reality is slowly sinking in! In fact I was so distracted that I didn't manage to spot Mr Berriman in the murals (I have it on very good authority that he is immortalised there). The animals were fascinating though and Claudia and I are still trying to work out where the secret spiral staircase goes.........

No comments:

Post a Comment